Early Experimentation

Welcome!

This is the start of Michael Manfredi's Capstone Development Blog, where you can get a closer look at the artistic progress occurring on the Phantasm Team.

This week, the main priority was about finding a simple style that lent was appealing to the eye but had a speedy workflow. I wanted to emulate the intense colors present in images like these, by Dominik Mayer and Halil Ural, respectively:



They provide striking color and contrast. I did some experimentation with color clashing in these brief thumbnails.



Finally, I did some tests in Unreal to see if the style could be emulated in engine, and I think despite no post processing edits and basic building block objects, the results were quite successful.



After these experiments, I think we can utilize this style effectively by having semi detailed modeling and simple, color focused textures.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Map to an Arena

The Kit is Started