Masks!

This week, I was tasked with prioritizing the creation of the mask- the source of the player's abilities in the game. The two major parts of that were making the actual mesh and base material (which as an environment artist proved an interesting challenge), and developing a design scheme and layout for the designs of the mask. Begins the designs are a representation of the player's upgrades, they must exist as a separate entity from the mask material itself so they can be progressively added on during gameplay. For now, I just had to finalize the designs themselves.

This was the task I started with- finalizing the mask shape and creating the designs. After a good deal shape meddling, I ended with a shape and set of designs I really liked.


Because of the three upgrade category, three distinct design languages needed to be present in separate areas of the mask so that players can easily differentiate one type of upgrade from another. All in some come were inspired by Art Deco design rules. 

Next came the mask modeling- a tricky task for me, but I think the final mask, with high poly bakes, looks quite nice.





Before finishing for the week, I did some final adjustments to the the props in the scene- these included basic changes such as a color modification to the default carpet, and full scale additions like the new material for table tops.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Map to an Arena

The Kit is Started