A New Team

This week was the start of my environment work for re[Mod].

Because the environment needs to be completely redone, Tyler, the returning artist from last semester, has given me complete creative freedom on the new environment. My first priority was to find a new mood for the world- at present, it just feels boring. It's much too bright, with little lighting or design interest. I assembled a mood board that would help inspire a new style, with a slightly darker and more dynamic feel.


I put a special focus on interesting color combinations, and "arena" type environments to provide inspiration appropriate to the context of our game. The next step is to find ways to incorporate these ideas into our game- I started this with a paint-over of our current map in a more visually interesting style.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Map to an Arena

The Kit is Started