Location Confirmation


To solidify ideas for the Minified Shock, we set about finalizing the location and story. After much heated debate and conversation, the Hotel setting was confirmed, and we developed a wonderful backstory that ties in a great deal of the gameplay elements.

My main concerns with regard to the setting, aside from the creation of assets themselves, is the kind of mood the world will have. This concerns everything from the colors to the sounds. My main inspirations behind the location's atmosphere come from a mix of things, from the original Bioshock to Stanley Kubrick's adaption of the novel The Shining.


The of my tasks was demonstrating my general vision of how the hotel could be developed from a gameplay perspective. How can something normally so formal and orderly in construction make for interesting level design? I set about creating some rudimentary block-out rooms to demonstrate m intent.

 

Once this task was complete, the remaining of my tasks this week consisted of finding an interesting visual style for the hotel and the world. 



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

A Map to an Arena

The Kit is Started